Tuesday, June 1, 2010

My Husband...the Handyman

I come up with the ideas...he puts them into action!  I found this beat up old dresser at a thrift store a few months ago and saw some major potential for our living room!  The entertainment center that we had in there before was from my old apartment in Lexington and had seen it's better days.  It was way to big for our little living space, so we were in the search for something new.  When I saw this dresser, I knew it was the one! 

It has a pretty good foundation and is made of maple, so we knew it would sand down nicely.  We removed the top two drawers from each side, Steven framed them out for shelves, we added nice molding to the top, bottom and sides, sanded it all, applied a fresh coat of paint and new hardware and you have a gorgeous piece of new furniture!  Steven did all the hard work and I painted and kept the baby!  We are so pleased with this piece and our fresh new living room! 


There is potential here.....
Stripped down and ready for work.
Shelves framed out and everything sanded down.  
New moulding on the top, sides and bottom.
One coat of oil based primer, two coats of latex paint, and two coats of sealer. 
The old, nasty, way too big, ugly, previous entertainment center.
The fresh, new piece!  We love it! 


Next project is a white side table....it's bought and ready to refinish....to be continued.....

6 comments:

Regan Huneycutt said...

You guys did a great job!!!

Rob and Delilah said...

I am so jealous! That is exactly what I want to do for our living room. Now I am really going to be on the hunt. Tell Steven not to be surprised if we call him for tips. ;)

Monroe Family said...

That is awesome!!

Erin said...

It looks great Jenae!

Unknown said...

I LOVE the entertainment center!!!!! You can't tell what was before.

Unknown said...

This Andra