Tuesday, April 19, 2011

So Proud...

My brother in law, David, returned Saturday from a year long deployment in Afghanistan.  Steven, James and I were there to see him get off the plane and welcome him home.  It brings you to tears to hear a year's worth of pent up of anticipation, joy, worry, love, and raw emotion come out in the shouts of the families as they see their soldier get off the plane, and as they shout out their name as they walk by.  To see them in formation, walking into the hanger for the ceremony brings so much pride.  We are so proud of David for his hard work, dedication to his country and fellow soldiers, and for making it through some tough years.  It also makes me so proud of my own husband and thankful for the country we live in and the people who are willing to sacrifice everything to protect it.  I feel blessed to just be part of it all. 
Welcome Home David!








No comments: