Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Her instincts have expired...

James and I went up to Indiana the second week in January to take Lacy to stay with my parents while our house is on the market.  We are so blessed that our parents are able to help us out, it's hard to keep the house spotless and available for showings at anytime with a huge hairy dog!  Thanks mom and dad!

Well, since Lacy is a husky, my mom thinks her natural snow-dog instincts should be intact....so she bought Lacy a harness hoping she'd pull James on the sled.  Well, you see the picture below...yeah, that's Lacy standing still...her instincts have run out!  She's much happier sitting down in the snow, having a cool snack.  :)  James had fun while I pulled him on the sled...wish we had a hill! 


 she gave up.  :)
 "Why won't Lacy pull me??"
 Happiness before the cold set in. 


James and I went to our long time family friend's, the Groelings, for a playdate.  This is Suzie and her son Levi.  He's just 5 months older than James and they had fun playing together while Suzie and I enjoyed a visit! 



When we got back to Clarksville there was snow here too!  Steven got out his remote control car to play with in the snow.  Steven got that car when he was 10...that thing is 21 years old.  Needless to say, he takes very good care of his toys, and personally I find it kind of strange that he's held on to it for this long!  :)  ha!  James likes to push it around, but he's a little unsure of it moving on its own. 



 Steven showed up at the house yesterday with a new "toy" for James.  He got this little Lightning McQueen chair and book for him, and James absolutely loves it.  As soon as he gets up in the morning, he runs to get a book and sits in his chair to read!   He also likes to tackle and push it around the living room...so cute! 


We have this little corner in our living room where we keep all of James' toys.  By the end of the day it's a bit of a mess...but he still likes it!  We found him sitting on his train, leaning against his ball, head resting on the wall, playing with his blocks!  He was comfortable!

2 comments:

Legaspi Family said...

James is getting so big and such a cutie too! I hope it works out for you guys to come and visit again soon.

Anonymous said...

I really think we are revitalizing LACY'S "snow dog" natural tendancies . .she just needed to get up north for awhile! . we have been walking on snow covered roads everyday this week . . she likes it . . next week I plan to have her pull me on a cool sled I found in the attic . . where did you put that harness Jenae? mom