Saturday, January 8, 2011

Winter Crafts

I feel like all I've made this fall and winter are wreaths!  This one is my absolute favorite...I've been dreaming about making it for months and just before Thanksgiving I finally did it.  It turned out even better than I expected and I love the way it looks on my mantle. 
The mirror that it's hanging on is an old window that I found at my favorite flea market "This Old Place."   I refinished it by taking out the glass panes, painted and distressed the frame, and replaced the glass with mirrors.  I just love it so much!  Wish i had a before and after photo....

My mom found the perfect pine cones at camp and brought me a bag of 100.  I also picked up two more full bags of small and skinny pine cones at my parent's house, and so glad I did...it took me TONS of them to finish this wreath.  I think it weighs like 15 pounds...but that could also be the 2 bags of glue that I went through with the glue gun!   

 I was not thrilled about the straw wreath.  I intended to use a foam one, but couldn't find any around town that were bigger than 10 inches, and I was too impatient to buy one online.  In the end, the straw worked well, I hope it will last. 
 After 4 hours of glue-gunning I finally finished.  wow.  i love it.  thank you to V and Co. Blog for the idea!



I also made this generic wreath for my Grandma and Grandpa Dowling for Christmas.  They needed a wreath for their door at their new place, and I thought this would be nice all year round.  Thanks to the Shelly Inspired Blog for this idea! 
not a great photo, but you get the idea! 

Finally, I made a Christmas wreath at Erin's house.  She hosted a wreath-making party where a bunch of us got together and made pretty "Joy Ribbon Wreaths".  We had a blast! 
I'm having trouble uploading these pictures, but you can see this project by clicking here for Erin's Blog post.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jenae! I love the pine cone wreath! I love how it all came together on your mantle. Hope you enjoyed the holidays!

Erin said...

Your mantle turned out great. I LOVE the pine cone wreath. I hope to copy your idea next year!