Friday, December 31, 2010

Resolutions

In the excitement of Christmas, with all the gift giving and receiving, new toys, shopping, baking, traveling, eating, and celebrating, it's so easy to forget the true meaning of Christmas.  God sent his only son, Jesus, to live on this earth, struggle through life like we do, and then willingly give up his life so that we can have forgiveness and eternal life.

Luke 2: 11-14
Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord.  This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger."  Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying,  "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to men on whom his favor rests."

I confess that I've been a little too caught-up this year with the commercial Christmas and not REAL Christmas.  God has blessed our lives with so many wonderful things: His love and forgiveness, our marriage, our son, Steven's career, a home, friends and family who love and care for us, living in this blessed country....the list goes on and on.  Instead, I've been focusing on whether or not we're going to sell our house, if Steven's going to make SF, if/where/when we'll be moving, traveling, cleaning, organizing, and the rest of the commerical Christmas drama. 

This year, 2011, I'm going to make a change.  I'm going to spend time each day with my Savior.  Not just twice a week at church and bible study, but time every day reading his Word and in prayer.  Focusing on Him will not only help me be a better wife and mother, but give me some peace about all the changes hopefully coming our way!   Please hold me accountable!!!

No comments: