Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Catching up with Sara

It's official....I'm a bad friend.  Keeping up with people on a consistent basis is not something I'm very good at.  Hopefully Sara, as well as all of the friendships that I neglect, will forgive me for not keeping in touch very often.  However, I've found that true friends...no matter how long it's been...are able to pick up right where you left off.  That was the case tonight!

Sara is one of my dearest friends, she and I met at Nebraska when I was playing volleyball and she was working in the volleyball office.  We knew each other but it wasn't until we were both hired at the University of Kentucky that we really got to know each other.  She was (still is) the Director of Volleyball Operations while I was an Assistant Coach, and we spent literally every day together.  You know you've got a wonderful friend when they still like you after working together 80 hours a week, all year long!  yikes!  Thanks for still being my friend, Sara...I know I'm sometimes hard to live with!  Anyway, Sara is one of the most caring, sweet, dedicated, and fun people I know...she has that aura that makes you feel confident and special when you're around her...she is truly a wonderful woman and friend.  I miss you!! 

No comments: