Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Lexington Visit

James and I took a trip up to Lexington this past week to visit some of my friends and catch a volleyball match.  We stayed with Sara who was an amazing host!  She put up with a lot those few days...a huge dog, James waking up every hour of the night (not an exaggeration) both nights we were there, and all of our stuff all over her apartment!  She in turn had an amazing dinner planned for us when we arrived on Tuesday night.  Sara, James and I met Lisa, Steph and daughter Piper, Megan and kids Sophie, Izzy, and Eli for dinner at PF Chang's. It was hilarious...5 adults and 5 kids...we did a pretty good job of keeping the kiddos corralled and entertained.  It was so nice to see my ladies, I've really missed them! 
I, of course, did a horrible job of taking pictures...I only took two the whole time we were there.  What is wrong with me??  I guess we'll just have to go back for another visit. 
Bonus:  UK beat Louisville that night for the first time since 1999!!  GO CATS!  I forgot how hot the Coliseum gets...there is no AC, so it's quite steamy.  Needless to say, James had to lose his shirt so he was quite the hillbilly in Kentucky with his overalls.  :)  stinkin' cute! 


This is the family of Jenny Casper.  She was a star volleyball player at Kentucky from 2003-2006, and she tragically passed away in a car accident in 2008.  Her family put on a huge fundraiser and donated the $10,000 proceeds to the UK volleyball program in a ceremony before the match.  Jenny was on the team both of the seasons that I was with the Cats...

No comments: